SEASONAL FLU VACCINATION 2020/21
To best protect you, with social distancing and infection control measures, we’ll be holding our adult flu vaccination clinics at:
The Life Centre, 235 Washway Road, Sale, M33 4BP [corner of Raglan Road].
If you’re not registered with Patient Access then you can book your flu vaccination appointment by ringing us on 0161 905 4711.
This year has made every one of us more aware of their health responsibilities – to protect themselves & to protect the health of those around them; in particular the more vulnerable in our society. For this reason, we urge everyone invited for their seasonal flu vaccination to take early advantage of this when invited.
This year’s seasonal flu vaccine offers protection against the flu strains likely to be circulating in the UK this winter. It provides no protection against Covid-19 or any corona-virus.
Every person who protects themselves against flu by getting their flu vaccine, helps protect others too.
Social distancing and infection control requirements mean all vaccinations will be carefully spaced appointments this year in set clinics. Please arrive for your appointment on time; not early & not late. If needed, be prepared to wait outside (whatever the weather), to ensure safety for all.
We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- Available 24/7 and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- We will usually get back to you within an hour (after 5pm it might be the next day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day
- Video consultations are provided by our own doctors through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!